Monday, November 12, 2007

The YouTube Stampede

I have received many Youtubes in emails over the last 6 monthes or so.  Looking around the sight itself doesn't really inspire me....I guess in someway I find alot of it 'voyeuristic'.  The problem for me is often that it is so overwhelming looking for something of interest when there are often 1000's of different items on the same subject....I really don't have the time or the interest in this medium to keep searching. I can see that our Library Corporation website could post some Youtube video's on some of the local events that have occured, special storytime and holiday events, or possibly reviews or accounts of books that have been been big for the borrowers. Personally  I have found one which I have laughed and laughed at....it's about mothering and although it's truely American, the sentiment for me is very strong as I try so hard to 'teach' my children to get through childhood!!......I spent 5 years in America and I loved it.....I have a strong connection to people and places in America and although I don't agree politically, neither do the majority of Americans....I appreciate this song and laughed alot and I guess in essence that's what alot of the YouTubes stuff is about.

No comments: