Thursday, November 22, 2007

Downloadable Audiobooks....who'd have thought it!

I remember discussions some time ago about e books....and I remember thinking they wouldn't be a big thing for me because my 'bad' eyesight makes it tiring and challenging to read anything of great length on the computer. But Audiobooks and downloadable ones at that are a fantastic development, although there are times when the reader and I just don't hit it off!!  Seriously though, I can see a reasonably significant place for the availability of downloadable audiobooks in Libraries, even our local branch.  We have so many people who access our computers and use MP3 players and so many people who access the 'talking books', I can just imagine some of our regulars plugging in and downloading an  audiobook. But like everything which sounds fantastic in the Web 2 environment, seeing...or in this case hearing is believing, and only quality product will be taken up....so if great books are produced with great readers...downloadable audiobooks might just prosper.

No comments: