Thursday, November 22, 2007

The end?

Yes, it's good to be at the end of this training......I have found it interesting and time consuming to say the least.  Most of my exercises I have had to do at home as I only work part time and when I am there my time is completely consumed with work responsibilities.  I have had fantastic support from KFL where I only work occassionally, but KFL's manager gave me an enormous amount of support in the beginning and allowed me time on my days there to get some blog entries under my belt....heart felt thanks to K.....I really value your support. The workload was far greater than we were encouraged to believe......although I remember thinking when I read, 'Just a few minutes' ...mmmm not sure how much I will learn in a few minutes! I have learned an enormous amount and been challenged to explore some thoughts and ideas about where the Web 2 'thing' is going, how I and my family (esp my children) will and do fit into it, and have questioned whether I really want MY Library to embrace this technology or not.  I am tired at the end of it all......a little jaded, slightly weary and wondering whether I can really tackle that study I want to do next year.....I do rely on my computer and the internet for so many things now but I have such a connection to the earth and wonder whether all those bloggers out there are missing out on person to person, life to life communication. My only regret is not having the energy to make my blog posts anything worth noticing.....Thanks for the opportunity to be involved and the opportunity to continue my daily quest for life long learning.  Cheers

No comments: