Thursday, October 18, 2007

The future is beckoning.

For many it's the here and now, and I guess that's why Libraries will need to keep pace with technologies as they are offered.  I love books though and can't imagine a library without them. I can see that there will be lots of demand at some point in the future for connections to bibliographic stores in other libraries to be available and obtainable by patrons from their currant library catalogue.  I am one who believes that libraries need to reflect their communities and the patrons who support the library service.  I believe that embracing Library 2 will need consideration and collaboration with amongst library's and librarians in general; because just as there is a lot that is wonderful for reaching out and discovering the outer parts of our world, there is also a lot that will be mindless, time wasting, un-neccesary and that is likely to distract rather than enhance the Library environment. 

No comments: