Sunday, October 21, 2007

Zoho, ho, ho, ho....

I was thinking that Web-based apps seemed  a really great idea; the idea that I could be using Zoho writer at home to work on something and then just pick it up again at work and be able to print or email it to whom ever I like without going through the hassles I do now because I have a Mac at home and most computers I email to and print  from are PC......anyway, that was until I went to publish my small word processing document to my blog.....I found that Zoho Writer doesn't support Safari.  Wasn't too big a bother as I also have Firefox installed and hopefully it's worked with that!! As always with this burgeoning technology, it will have positive applications in lots of places and circumstances, but not all!........Have just realised when checking to see if my doc. was on my blog that the actual doc. page would be viewed and not a just a link.....I wonder if it could jsut be viewed as a link? More to discover!!

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Have you tried ThinkFree? ThinkFree Docs (http://thinkfreedocs.com) has a variety of embed options that you can use to publish documents to your blog. You can either use ThinkFree Online to create the document and publish the file to ThinkFree Docs, or upload a Microsoft file directly.

ThinkFree Docs evn turns your presentations into flash animation if you want.